Friday 19 April 2019

@Alan - Premise - Thinking about the Room

Today I began thinking about the room of my animation and how I could abstract it more. Alan suggested a white space instead of a room but I want the feeling of how i feel trapped to come across. Then I remembered Deannas Inverted Hospital Room with the breathing bricks and how that created a sense of being uncomfortable.


I began thinking along the same lines and thought of the fact that when I feel dysphoric I tend to bundle myself up in bed until it passes (which usually takes a while). I thought along the lines of a blanket fort made up of a giant blanket, that is in the general shape of my room. The idea of this signifies that the blankets are comforting, but also suffocating as it has become a habit that I shouldn't have to be used to.

[STAGE FLOOD] World is mine HQ stage by amiamy111

Image result for blanket fort creepy

Image result for room of blankets dark

Related image

2 comments:

  1. Hi Annie. Yes that is fine. It is just another form of abstraction. In either case what I was suggesting was to exploit animation/3D to communicate (emotionally) to an audience and to stop it just being something you could film instead. In Deanna's case she created an 'emotional/internal space' that was filled with depictions of what she saw when she thought/felt about different things. However, her secondary goal was to use a VFX technique to get as close as possible to real qualities (because that's what her film required to function and for her to exploit the medium/ meet degree requirements). In your concept is there something that would dictate a style/methodology?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think i'll be going down a realistic path. I want to try and keep true to my own style so I think staying stylized will be good, especially since talking about dysphoria is hard enough already, creating a sort of bridge for people to dip into the subject without feeling overwhelmed by what i'm talking about.

      Delete