Sunday, 8 September 2019

Minor - Final Animatic WIP


A WIP of the final animatic.
This is meant to be rough and loose and isn't representative of what the final animation will look like at all.

The vocals also aren't final. they're untuned specifically so i can get the animatic done quicker in time for 3rd year. Kowa is sending me untuned vocals when and as she finishes them, and when i get them i immediately work on the animatic.

Wednesday, 4 September 2019

Minor - Music Update



Today I received a version of the song with untuned vocals. The vocals are going to be the longest to do for Kowa, so she's sending me them as she finishes the untuned versions so I can work things out, and then will send me the final tuned and mixed version when it's done.

"I'm gonna do my best to send the full untuned song ASAP so that no matter what, you can work on the animations and just replace the music over time"

Right now only the verse and bridge before the chorus are done, and I'm working on updating my animatic to suit this.

Lyrics:

Stuck in this body
I’m falling apart
My face in the mirror
Not matching my heart

But I carry on
I move along
Facing the days
Wasting away
Trying to stay strong

Hardly held together
The one thing I fear
That breaking free can only mean
I might disappear

Seeing this project come closer and closer to fruition made me get a bit emotional, with the subject being what it is I started crying when I heard this latest demo, and its made me really proud and happy that I'm doing this project.

Tuesday, 3 September 2019

Minor - Making of Progress #2









Not all of these pages are finished yet, but I wanted to upload this to show i'm making progress with my making of document for this project.

Wednesday, 24 July 2019

Minor - Music Update

It's been a couple of months since I've updated here. Mostly because medical stuff has gotten in the way of work but that's all dealt with and I'm here with an update on the music!

Kowa has finished the base instrumental of the song and it clocks in at 4.23. You can listen to it here.

It's a little longer than what I was expecting, but now we can finally finish up lyrics drafts and I can work on a fully realised animatic.

Notes from Kowa:

- I'll spend the rest of the time working on lyrics and stuff, and then I'll update the doc.
- Once I get a full vocal melody, I'll edit the inst so it has a bit more variation by adding little chimes and small melodies that follow the vocals so it sounds more full
- I'm finding that some chunks of your original lyrics work pretty well with the flow I have in the inst, so I just wanted to work together a bit and see if there's anything, in particular, you'd wanna keep

I've also settled on a name for the song and by extension this project. I've decided to simply call it dysphoria for reasons that are fairly obvious since this project is about just that.

Saturday, 1 June 2019

Minor - Mika Head #2



The eye mesh isn't finished yet, and the cheek area needs more volume, but I think this is coming along well now. Since my model is drastically different to jetpack jones, I ran into a few problems around the chin and nose area, however with a bit of experimenting, looking at other tutorials, and at models meshes on station that are in a similar style to Mika, I figured things out. (Though they are far from perfect)

Wednesday, 29 May 2019

Minor - Mika Head #1




Here is the first work in progress of a Mika head test. I think for the rough blocking its looking okay, though I did run into issues in the mouth area due to my design being so stylised. I have made a note of this going forward.

Thursday, 16 May 2019

Toolkit 2 - Submission

Animation

5. Charlie Chaplin Extremes (Incomplete)
8. Acting

Drawing


Maya

(Head: Part 11)
(Body: Part 2)
(UV: N/A)
(Skinning: N/A)
(Rigging: N/A)
(Facial Rigging 1,2,3: N/A)
(Texturing: N/A)
(Turnarounds: N/A)
3. Mudbox

Friday, 10 May 2019

Premise - Goals for the summer

My goals for the summer break are:

- Start doing 3D tests for Mika, ready for when I come back in September. I want to be ready to make a final model as soon as possible. This is my main goal.
- I want there to be a finalised song and lyrics by the end of summer so I have a finished Animatic by the end too. This is so when I make the transition into 3D I know what Mika needs to be able to do in 3D and can model accordingly.
- I want to finish the first half of my making of/art of (the entire preproduction side), So that when I come back for 3rd year I can just add on using the pre-established aesthetic.