Saturday 16 December 2017

What if? Metropolis - Reflective Statement

I've had mixed feelings during this project. At first, I wasn't happy with the collaborator I chose, but after finding a way to my artist and his use of shells I became slightly more content about what I was doing.

Although the work I've produced this unit wasn't as strong as what I know I can do, I am very happy that I managed to finish my Maya scene and I'm fairly happy with how it looks. I think in the future I'll have to be more careful about the designs of buildings, and really focus on the architectural side as I know environments aren't my strong point.

I think I could have done a lot better, and I will aim to do so next term. If I were to ever pick up my city of "Neemia" again, the first thing I'd do is redesign all the buildings so A) they look more like something Naum Gabo would be happy with and B) so they're more architecturally based.

There are a few more things I'm aware I need to work on, these things are Scale and Perspective. They're two very weak points for me and it is something I'm going to work on as I go on with this course.

All in all, I think though I can improve in some areas, there are other areas where I am good in, and I hope that in the future I can improve to be a well-rounded artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment