Sunday 16 December 2018

Collaboration - Reflective Statement

Going into this project I was.. nervous. I have extreme social anxiety which makes it hard for me to work well with others. Its not exactly a: I hate other people so I won't work with them thing. Its more of a: Oh god what if they don't like me? What if I annoy them? What if they don't like the work I produce? thing. However when our groups were revealed and I saw my group members I felt better about it. I knew Adri and Frankie pretty well already, though there was still some nagging doubts in the back of my head. I put those thoughts aside quickly however, as once I put myself into the work everything seemed to wash away and my thoughts were more focused on producing good work and making my group happy with how things were going.

I do however regret not going forward with the roles I wanted. As much as I enjoyed what I did, I would have liked to do more character design since that is my career goal. Editing was the most fun for me, I had a lot of freedom with it after getting input on what kind of aesthetic to go for with it.

The worst with in this project for me was not going in as much as I liked. External circumstances prevented me from coming in a lot, which was unfortunate. But nevertheless I still continued with my work from him and tried to keep in good contact with my team.

I feel like this project has been the most stressful for me, as I did have to wait for work from others before I could go on with my own tasks. We also did some things out of order from what a typical pipeline for animation and modelling would be. We added the textures after we started the animation which caused a few complications with files. I didn't get the texture files until the final week of the project. But other than that, I did think it was a necessary project to teach us about studio work. Although its not exactly as a studio would be, it was still good to have this project for experience if I ever work with a studio in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment