Tuesday 28 November 2017

What if? Metropolis - Further Research and Model Tests

After my OGR I decided to look into a further aesthetic and some better architectural elements for my buildings.

Jordan suggested after reading my OGR feedback that I look into Zaha Hadid, an Iraqi-British architect with organic shapes within her designs, and into Organic Architecture as a whole.



He also wanted the class as a whole to look into our "aesthetic" of our scene. How it could be made, and how people with similar Aesthetics Modeled their scenes.

Using both of these points to go on, I spent the day doing test sketches, not only to implement architectural elements, but to figure out how the low poly style would look.




Here I took my base model and experimented with different ways to get a low poly look.
1st shown: Original Model
2nd shown: Original but with Triads instead of Quads. Looks similar, not what I wanted at all.
3rd shown: A more low poly look. Close to what i want. Achieved by taking random verts on original model and moving them to be irregular, and then going to Mesh --> Triangulate and further moving verts.
4th shown: Same as third but smoothed.

I want the final "look" to be smooth but not completely smooth, and to still have the triangles showing a little. I'll move onto texture tests with the 3rd model soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment