Friday 10 November 2017

What if? Metropolis - Potential tower designs



1. Working from the "original design" in my thumbnails. Looks a little too "mushroom-y" for what i'm looking for, though that may just be down to the colors.

2 Based on a Banded Tulip shell. Not too fond of this one either.

3 Based on a Poisonous Cone shell. Not sure what I was doing with the "windows" here. But I like the top of the building. If I were to take this into an orphographic after developing it more the top would spiral into a point.

4 Based on a smooth Cerith shell. Smaller more frequent windows that wrap around, and stairs that lead up to the entrance.

5 Another more cartoony one based on the original design.

1 comment:

  1. I love No. 4 - it's both 'shell' and 'architectural' as the little additions of the staircase etc. push it on from mere abstraction, and the windows mimicking the markings on the shell.

    ReplyDelete