Tuesday 15 January 2019

Premise - Post Tutorial Ideas

Blue are my original notes, Pink is post tutorial notes.

Idea 1: The main idea for this was to make a few characters and weapons for a fighting game, the vignettes would be how they fight and incorporate their personality in their fighting. They would each take from the show RWBY in the sense that their characters are very loosely based off fairy tails, stories and folklore. (Ruby is red riding hood, Weiss is Snow White etc.) I would do the same sort of thing and base my characters off folkelores and such and incorporate them into a world where that would make sense. I still would like to do this idea, but maybe with a different theme.


Idea 2: In christmas I make a few initial designs for a Team of Retro themed Astronauts. I would take 3 of them forward and make short vignettes akin to my first idea on their personalities and such. Alan suggested their style could be put forward into toy ideas and a TV Short.


Idea 3: My strongest idea but hardest to pull off. Based on my Aphantasia and explaining it through animation. This would be hard since i can't explain it with animation properly without the overuse of black screens. And that isn't really animation. Plus I really want to incorporate character design into premise somehow.


Idea 4: A remake of my FMP project from foundation. It was a book with a poem based on how my depression has evolved and taken over my life. The two characters in it are based off me and my depressions (as a demon) respectfully. Alan said that it has been overdone however.


Idea 5: Similar to my first idea but based more around building a world around my characters, then making a series of informative videos explaining the rules of the world using the characters as examples.


Idea 6: A few years back I wanted to make a LGBT+ comic about a roman goddess called Lyra who is banished to earth for being too disruptive to her community. She then falls in love with an agender human and so on. It would be about difficulties of the LGBT+ community and being agender with fantastical influences. I could do this idea as either a short film or as a character design project.


I am adamant I want to do a character design project. I think working on it as a world building project with character design implemented, would be a good idea. That way I can maybe build it as a pitch for a potential TV Show.

So the goal would be to design 3 characters, and produce 3 1 minute shorts introducing those characters. Then perhaps I could do a pilot episode step outline or script, and an animation of an intro sequence animation by the end of 3rd year. As well as Character Bibles and a Making Of document.

It might be a bit too much, and I'll discuss with Alan and Phil for any other ideas. I also don't know what to base them off as of yet, so that will be what i'll look into next. It needs to be something simple enough to base characters off, but not overly done in popular media.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Hi - Can you redo this post and 'write' about each idea. None of your images/pages make sense to anyone else as they are, just you. Tell use about your ideas in FULL.

    ReplyDelete