Tuesday 5 February 2019

Premise - Thinking about my "show"

So I've been thinking about this project a lot lately. The basic rules are the same, the characters have the marks, weapons and train in the academy. In the academy, they train to become Astros (groups that scout the stars and protect their home planet). Astros train in four categories: Captain, Pilot, Engineer and Fighter. (1 per group, leading to a 4 person group).

Thinking about the episodes in my "show", I've decided I don't want to bring in a huge lore based plot at the moment, and rather devote the first season to learning about the academy, characters and basic rules of the world at their most basic level. This will give a chance for watchers to "fall in love" with the world, and bond with the characters. Its important for the first season of any series to lay the groundwork for a show in order to tell the tale properly. Introducing the basics (including the basic threats) allows for a good opening to a story without giving the audience too much information all at once.

I've also decided since my characters will have weapons and be fighting, their designs must be designed so they can move and store whatever they need. Practicality is going to be huge in these. Pockets, pouches, a way to carry equipment and weapons without them getting too bulky. Practicality is key.

I've decided in all, to have 4 kids/teens to design, including props. As I develop these characters more based around the basics of the world I've already built, the more my world will also fall into place around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment