Saturday 24 February 2018

From Script to Screen - Reflective Statement

I went into this project once again not connecting too much with what I got. I didn't see how the keywords could connect with each other. But now I see that once you can find correlations between things, you can make something out of them. I'm happy with my outcome, mostly because I never thought I'd be able to do it. But I think I should have been less ambitious. Creating an entire world just for a 2-minute film in the space of 7 weeks was too much, and it affected my work. Maybe If I had more time to develop the world Avem Motus was set in it would have turned out differently.

Next time I make a film, I need to make sure to convey what I know to the audience as well. My audience was left confused by the end, which was entirely my fault as a filmmaker, and it meant I had to fill them in after. I may take some time in the summer to revisit this project, but for now, I am happy with my outcomes, and I have learned a lot about telling stories and of filmmaking and I am excited to take this knowledge onto the next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment