Wednesday 7 March 2018

Fantastic Voyage - Chosen Scenario and Initial Concept Art

The one scenario that I connected to the most in yesterdays briefing was the Plant Growth Cycle. I've always had an interest in plants growing up, and I always said that If I never got into art then I would have pursued botany.

Research Notes

Influence Maps

I want the plants/flowers in my animation to be personified. I feel like the age group Its aimed for will connect better to personified flowers rather than diagrams or drawings of flowers. I've looked at Disney for more abstract personification of flowers, and I browsed Tumblr for more human flowers.

Initial Character Designs

Jordan suggested I focus on one species of plant and design a character from that instead of having many different characters and having my animation be needlessly complicated. So I decided to look at 5 Insect pollinated plants and 5 Wind pollinated plants, design 1 character for each and then decide on my favourite. This is what I'm going to focus on next.

No comments:

Post a Comment