Thursday 8 March 2018

Fantastic Voyage - Flower Concepts


At first, I tried Jordan's idea of designing different flower girls, but These looks too samey to me. I decided I wanted to try and get out of my comfort zone of designing humanoid females all the time. So I decided to try some more abstract designs.


These were the result. I used the Disney Fantasia flowers as most of my influence and I also used the game "Journey" character designs (shown below) as a further influence. I feel these convey what I want much more and they are much more pleasing to draw.


I decided that I want my animation to be based on both pollination and germination. I will hopefully show this as a dance between multiple flowers and one butterfly. As the butterfly character dances from one flower to another, he will also be transferring the pollen. Then the flowers will "collapse" as they create the seeds and fruit, and when the seeds germinate into new flowers then the dance begins anew.

1 comment:

  1. Take a look at this textile artist for some further inspiration re. stylisation, Annie - I think she'll chime with you... Lucienne Day...

    ReplyDelete