Thursday 24 October 2019

Minor - Mini Update

In the last post, I said I was going to do my second idea of the 1960s superhero/villain world.
Since talking to Alan it was actually decided the other idea would bring more results and I absolutely agree so in the last week I've been researching my Oak Island idea instead. I'm very excited to get into it.

For reference, this is the Oak Island idea:

"Set in 17th-century Europe, a group of alienated individuals (who/why?) plan to lead a rebellion against the masses. Hired by the main kingdom, our heroes (a group of pirates assisted by the Queen's guard) set off to end the revolution and stop countless of innocents from dying.
Again this could work and has a nice period setting. It's still a little vague though - Basically, it needs more detail about the 'alienated individuals and their reasons'. Missing character specifics too. Have you heard of the 'Oak Island' treasure?. Look it up. There is potential in that islands 'real' mysteries in relation to this story.
(I can see the oak island treasure being something that the two groups fight over somehow. maybe its something the alienated group need for their plan, or its some kind of ancient magic.)"

My plan for the outcome of the project is similar to the other idea. I'll work on Designing maybe 2 or 3 characters depending on which idea I choose, orphographs, palette exploration and such. Plus I'll also design a key environment that they would be in for the vignettes. Then after I can start modelling and uving/texturing. And in Major, I can focus on the rigging/skinning and animating the vignettes. And through it, all document it in a Character Bible/Making of document. It would be nice to have something concise and to the point, I can show to potential employers when I graduate of how I got from A to B to C etc, and what I can do.

So far I've been putting together a Pinterest board of clothes from the period setting, pirate clothes, and environments (pirate ship and the oak island swamp).






I have a lot more on my Pinterest board than these, but I felt these represent what I have in terms of visual research the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment