Tuesday 15 October 2019

Minor - Decided on idea

After thinking about it and getting feedback from a few friends i've decided to to with this idea from my last post:

Bought up in a family of super villains, this naive young girl is torn between continuing her families legacy, and joining the side she deep down knows it right. (set in modern-day UK, where superheroes/villains are known to exist, but not common)
This has potential, but its missing a better setting. Modern day is a little dull for pulp design. For example, you could combine it with the idea and setting below (1960's UK). On one side, a young 'villian' girl wants to be good. On the other side a prophecised young Hero wants nothing to do with his destiny - Both are rejecting their 'lot in life'. Its possible that the hero is rejecting his status by opting to 'being bad'. May be they need each other?
Chosen by prophecy as a hero that could change the world, this young man is doing everything in his power to avoid his responsibilities as a hero. (set 1960s UK) - Above
(This i can absolutely see being like a prince and the pauper story. with the two switching their roles)
As for what I want to accomplish by the end of 3rd year, I think I want to stick with a character-based project with short vignettes. So, designing, modelling, rigging and skinning, texturing and animating short vignettes with them. And also having a character design bible as an outcome.

So during minor, I'll work on Designing maybe 2 or 3 characters depending on which idea I choose, orphographs, palette exploration and such. Plus i'll also design a key environment that they would be in for the vignettes. Then after I can start modelling and uving/texturing. And in Major, I can focus on the rigging/skinning and animating the vignettes. And through it, all document it in a Character Bible/Making of document. It would be nice to have something concise and to the point, I can show to potential employers when I graduate of how I got from A to B to C etc, and what I can do.

2 comments:

  1. Annie - A couple of things. Firstly can you fix this post so its readable. Secondly, you have changed your idea. Can you sign up for a tutorial this week so we can sign-off on this. It's important that we agree what your degree 'looks like'(very) quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alan
      I'm not gonna be in this week due to the reasons disclosed in my email from monday

      Delete