Wednesday 27 November 2019

Minor - Look Dev #1

I've started looking into how I want my film to look. I've looked at other shows, animated videos, how I can translate my line style to 3d etc.

What I've decided I want is a mix of the K/DA music video texture style, but with the line style of RWBY. I've also found examples of other artists work that's similar to this too and made a mood board.


Extra References:





I've started doing some concept busts of Katherine on how I'll accomplish this. So far I've only done the skin painting to figure out how that could look, and I'll move onto the hair then the clothes after.

1

2

3

4

So far in my model, I don't think I'm conveying what I need to accomplish this, especially the nose. As mentioned last year I have aphantasia, and viewing things in a 3D space in my mind's eye is very difficult since I can't see it. So a lot of the 3D stuff is guesswork and experimenting. However, I'll keep playing around with the model and with the look dev, and keep studying different meshes and models on artstation to understand further how it all works.

As things move forward this direction may change, and a lot of the look dev probably won't happen until I start texturing my finished Model.

No comments:

Post a Comment