Monday 23 April 2018

Fantastic Voyage - nCloth Test Fails 1


With these tests, I kind of messed up a little. But its good to learn from mistakes. In the first one, the ncloth didn't move when I keyed it in the first position, so it all snapped back and glitched in on itself.



In this one, I tried to rig the cloth to the joints to fix the problem, but a similar thing happened and it all kind of bunched up.

I asked Simon for help in having the ncloth mesh move with the rig and model and he didn't have a solution and said I should instead ask Allan tomorrow.

If Allan doesn't have a solution I may have to add 50 frames of it in the 0,0,0  position, and then 50 frames where it moves to its start position in the animation, and the animation from there normally. Like so. This would take time when rendering, but since I don't have lights or anything complicated in my scene to make render time long in the first place since I'm using surface shaders, this shouldn't matter too much.



No comments:

Post a Comment