Saturday 14 October 2017

Invisible Cities - Color Maps

First I did a few quick gradient maps in Jordan's class with a random thumbnail I made. I didn't really like any of them and chose to develop a better low shot for my city.
So I made these super quick and super rough thumbnails, choosing to develop the fourth one.
I ended up with these, and I'm going to take the first one forward in terms of color. I think the final palette could be tweaked a little more but I think i'm going to stick with the composition for my final piece and add a few more details.
I then moved onto my establishing shot and did three very quick gradient maps. I didn't like any of them and I think that is partly due to the thumbnail not being very good.
I made a new better one with better composition, and I think as a result the gradient maps came out much better. I really like the first two, and I may try to mix the palettes together a little for the final shot.

I'm going to work on my Interior shot next, and hope I come up with something I like by the end of the day. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment