Saturday 28 October 2017

What if? Metropolis - Further Research

Key words of what I see in his work. While researching I found out he took inspiration from washed up corals and shells while walking along the beach with friends. I made a small note of his work looking like early "low poly" video games. Something I may incorporate.
Further research into Tensile and Membrane Architecture and comparing to Shells and Coral Reefs. The similarities are remarkable.
Evidence of Naum Gabo linking into the Coral Reef theme. His earlier paintings and etchings look to me like these abstract coral reef systems.

Now I just have to plan my travelogue and do quick thumbnails to explore ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Okay - this is exciting, Annie! So maybe, from a location point of view, your city could be an archipelago - or a coastal city - or an island city?

    ReplyDelete